1. Growing your own food tastes better and is more nutritious.
2. Gardening is a good workout and improves mental health.
3. By being outdoors among the elements, you can learn about local wildlife, appreciate small beauty, and become one with the seasons.
4. Growing at home reduces your carbon footprint and energy usage. By gardening organically, you eliminate the petroleum products used in farming equipment, fertilizers, pesticides, food packaging, storage, and transportation.
5. You can have fresh, local, organic produce all year long by planting a four-season garden – long past the day your local markets and farms close for the winter.
Source: One Green Generation